I am happy to mention the release of apt-offline, version 1.7.1.
This release includes many bug fixes, code cleanups and better integration.
- Integration with PolicyKit
- Better integration with apt gpg keyring
- Resilient to failures when a sub-task errors out
- New Feature: Changelog
- This release adds the ability to deal with package changelogs (’ set ’ command option: --generate-changelog ) based on what is installed, extract changelog (Currently support with python-apt only) from downloaded packages and display them during installation (’ install ’ command opiton: --skip-changelog , if you want to skip display of changelog)
- New Option: --apt-backend
- Users can now opt to choose an apt backend of their choice. Currently support: apt, apt-get (default) and python-apt
Hopefully, there will be one more release, before the release to Stretch.
Update: The PolicyKit integration requires running the apt-offline-gui command with pkexec (screenshot). It also work fine with sudo, su etc.