Laptop Mode Tools 1.74
Laptop Mode Tools version
1.74 has been released. This release includes
important bug fixes, some
defaults settings updated to current driver support in Linux and support for devices with
nouveau based nVIDIA cards.
A filtered list of changes is mentioned below. For the full log, please refer to the git repository
1.74 - Sat Jul 18 19:10:40 IST 2020
* With 4.15+ kernels, Linux Intel SATA has a better link power saving policy, med_power_with_dipm, which should be the recommended one to use * Disable defaults for syslog logging * Initialize LM_VERBOSE with default to disabled * Merge pull request #157 from rickysarraf/nouveau * Add power saving module for nouveau cards * Disable ethernet module by default * Add board-specific folder and documentation * Add execute bit on module radeon-dpm * Drop unlock because there is no lock acquired
- Source tarball, Feodra/SUSE RPM Packages available at project’s release page
- Debian packages will be available soon in Unstable.
- Homepage: https://github.com/rickysarraf/laptop-mode-tools/wiki
- Mailing List: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/laptop-mode-tools
What is Laptop Mode Tools
Description: Tools for Power Savings based on battery/AC status Laptop mode is a Linux kernel feature that allows your laptop to save considerable power, by allowing the hard drive to spin down for longer periods of time. This package contains the userland scripts that are needed to enable laptop mode. . It includes support for automatically enabling laptop mode when the computer is working on batteries. It also supports various other power management features, such as starting and stopping daemons depending on power mode, automatically hibernating if battery levels are too low, and adjusting terminal blanking and X11 screen blanking . laptop-mode-tools uses the Linux kernel's Laptop Mode feature and thus is also used on Desktops and Servers to conserve power